Babysitters, tutors, and pet owners missing their beloved Fluffy are the typical people who take over your neighborhood with tear-off tab flyers. But we’ve found 14 flyers that will add some humor to those boring bulletin boards and lampposts.
1. A new spin on the bacon uprising, this flyer’s humor comes from the unexpected tab use. Personally, I’m not sure I would take advantage of this pork giveaway, but it appears that someone has.
2. Oh, dear. Is it bad that I kind of had to think about what a prime number was? Someone’s getting a real kick out of this.
3. This flyer’s creator has some pretty clear opinions on the status of the meat eaters among us. Still, the humor of these flyers is played up thanks to the juxtaposition. I just hope the vegans saw the humor, too.
4. How truly weird and random this flyer is. I think I’d say the creator clearly has too much time on his or her hands. Do you think there’s room for a tab suggesting the maker “find a new hobby”?
5. While I doubt these tear-off tabs were very filling, at least one passerby took the flyer’s creator up on the offer.
6. Anyone who uses public transportation and has missed the train can appreciate this sign. I bet this flyer likely made some disgruntled commuters chuckle.
7. Pretty funny, my friend. This flyer’s got me in the “like” group.
8. This flyer will have no problem catching eyes because of what it doesn’t have.
9. While the tear-off tabs only offer one response, it gets to the point--of being funny.
10. Fans of Lionel Richie and his dentist office/elevator/radio station-ready hits will likely get a laugh out of this flyer. The lyrics play into each tear and build the humor in the same way Lionel built his romantic gusto when he belted out his hits.
11. If you’re feeling a bit crabby, take just one look at the slew of famous--or should we say infamous--faces on this flyer.
12. Remember when people used to speak entire phrases to each other and have long conversations that included prepositions, nouns, verbs, a subject, and a predicate? Nope, me either. Perhaps that’s why I could find the humor in this one.
13. Need a self-esteem pick me up? Luckily, here’s Hulk Hogan to the rescue, who apparently can tear more than his T-shirts.
14. Kudos to this flyer’s creator, who has kindly offered up suggestions for the tearers.
Now get tearing!
We hope your neighborhood has as good of a sense of humor as you do–after all, you’ve got some great ideas for flyers now. You can boast accomplishments or offer pork products of some kind. Grab your stapler and give people something to tear about.