You’ve probably encountered a passive-aggressive note or two. They are commonly found in the shared kitchen space of offices, public bathrooms and apartments that have thin walls.
The writer is often anonymous (hence the term’s namesake) and takes out their anger with their words.
If these notes aren’t directed at you, they are very funny. It’s amusing to see how people take out their frustrations, and it’s even funnier how other people react to it. Here are some flyers that are doing it right and making me laugh.
1. When depicting good subs and a bad sub, the writer of this note takes a subtle approach.
2. Drivers, beware. If you park inconsiderately, you too could find the parking pig on your windshield!
3. If you love 'The Office,' then you’re sure to find this passive-aggressive flyer answered by Dwight very funny. I’m sure it enraged the original note leaver even more.
4. This cat certainly sounds annoying, but the repeated emphasis on the word stupid is redundant and amusing to see. I wonder what 'not being nice' would entail…
5. Passive-aggressive notes generally don’t care about design. They want to get their message across quickly and loudly. This, however, is better than most. It uses something other than Times New Roman or Comic Sans for a font and considers text-size hierarchy.
6. Speaking of Comic Sans, this note is brilliant. I couldn’t have said it any better myself!
7. This flyer attempts to appeal to us with humor and Pixar characters. Think it worked?
8. Believe it or not, I’ve seen this flyer posted in one of the public bathrooms at college. This one is less passive aggressive and more in-your-face disgusting.
9. While many passive-aggressive flyers lash out at people unfairly, this one seems well-deserved.
10. This response is punny!
Ready to release your frustrations?
Let’s get real – some of the anger here is well-deserved. For more funny business (not necessarily in flyer form), check out passiveaggressivenotes.com. You won’t believe some of the stuff you read!