As with any small business, entrepreneurship or startup, branding is key.
And what better way to get your name out there than with business cards?! They’re affordable, portable and accessible. Creating striking business cards help connect with potential clients who won’t forget your name.
Here are 10 striking business cards that small business owners used to stick out from the crowd and make their brand memorable and eye-catching.
1. As a DJ, you almost have to incorporate a turntable in your business card. This clever business card has its own rotating disc, thanks to a small grommet. You don’t need much text with a memorable business card like this — it speaks for itself.
2. This card incorporates a die-cut method to create an intricate triangular design. The thickness of the cardstock prevents the card from feeling flimsy, too.
3. Sometimes you don’t need a fancy printing process or clever gimmick for your business card to be memorable. This clean and colorful design speaks for itself. It can be difficult to mix typefaces, but the designer has done a great job here. It’s friendly, inviting and bright.
4. According to research, our brains read symbols faster than text. Consider including an icon or symbol on your business card. Here your eye is drawn to the pair of scissors and color immediately before the text. This feature makes the business card unique and colorful.
5. Perforated business cards offer cool features. In this scenario, a picture of the business card's owner pops up and visually reminds you who gave you this card. This 3D trick makes the card (and owner) more memorable than without it.
6. Most people don’t see clear cards very often, and this photographer incorporated this style in a fantastic way. By including viewfinder and lens symbols, you can see what this business card owner is a photographer.
7. This isn’t just a business card — it's a work of art! The designer created a little landscape that can sit prettily right on your desk. Memorable, indeed!
8. Don’t underestimate the power letterpress for business cards. Letterpress printing creates an embossing effect that’s fun to feel. This, coupled with cardstock, is a unique tactile experience. It also doesn’t hurt to throw in an accent color, either.
9. Oftentimes, business cards are so rigid and unfriendly. Below, a simple watercolor background adds a contemporary look to the standard format and makes this card elegant and sophisticated.
10. With strategic folding, you, too, can have your own tiny bouquet courtesy of this business card creator. This is a perfect card for a florist (and not something you’re soon to toss either).
Business cards with a boom!
To create a memorable card, don’t be afraid to experiment with bold colors, mixing typography and clever concepts that emphasize what you do. If you can afford it, there are also printing options like die-cutting and perforation that’ll allow you to produce custom shapes and original designs.
Just remember — whatever they are, they should be easy to slip into someone’s wallet or hand (and definitely memorable).
Photos courtesy of buzzfeed.com, fromupnorth.com, designfix.com, cardobserver.com, reddit.com, adme.ru, jampaper.com, momentaldesigns.com and latona-m.com.