My brother recently got engaged, and being the wonderful little sister I am, I volunteered to design the invitations for his wedding.
Even though the wedding is more than a year away, it’s never too early to start gathering a collection of creative wedding invitations to use for inspiration.
While searching for ideas, I found the possibilities are endless when it comes to invitations.
Here are just a few of the coolest, most creative designs I have come across.
1. These laser-cut invitations are cute and interactive. They also include thread and needle to stitch your reply.
2. Music lovers will adore this record invitation that actually plays an original song at 45 rpm.
3. If you’re into nostalgia, you’re sure to be into this memorable View-Master invitation. It's quirky, fun and full of childhood memories!
4. Do you like board games? What about a board game invitation made of cookies? Delicious.
5. These summer-y wedding invitations are a designer's dream. Printed with a split fountain process, they make me melt like a Popsicle in August.
6. This wedding suite is '80s-tastic. These bright colors and patterns are a sure sign your wedding is going to be like, totally rad.
7. This elegant, simple design is perfect for those who want to err on the side of tradition but still want something unique and fresh. Get it? Like fresh flowers. I’ll stop now.
8. Another great interactive invitation. This one features laser-cut caricatures of the couple that can be moved around so they look like they’re dancing together.
9. I love the idea of an all type invitation. These letter-pressed invites do it just right with a subtle color palette and the right amount of variation.
10. Infomaniacs delight! A wedding invitation that features infographics about the couple is a great way to tell your story without being too schmaltzy.
11. Hand lettering is all the rage right now, and why shouldn’t it be? Hand-drawn type is personal and beautiful – everything you want your wedding to be, right?
12. Fabric pockets hold all the elements of this colorful, whimsical wedding suite, adding a great DIY touch to the couple’s backyard wedding.
Special invitations for a special day.
Whether you’re looking for something more traditional or something completely out of the box, there are plenty of options to make your wedding invitations just as special as your big day.