Band flyers have become increasingly artistic and iconic in design. As a result, flyers are more than a way to note the passing through of your favorite group to your local venue.
Before you create and print your own band flyers, check out these 12 truly unique, interesting, and aesthetically pleasing flyers. Although some flyers are recent, but they represent how a well-designed promotional piece is achieved by keeping graphics and text in tune.
1. The papery yellow background mixed with the simple brown graphics is far from boring, and the framed microphone adds some nice dimension.
2. The red against the light blue coloring and the curvaceous car and lettering would make anyone want to burn rubber to get to this show.
3. The graphic is grabbing and may not be for everyone, but the eeriness of the innocent palate makes for awesome imagery.
4. The fun sketch style of this flyer and an uncomplicated color scheme gives it an airy feel.
5. The black and white coloring doesn’t mute the images at all, instead creating more visual interest.
6. The graphic is a creative mix of tire marks and Fenders, and the palette of the entire layout is muted yet moving (pardon the pun).
7. The washed-out forest scene in the background creates a serene mood, with the details of the venue unfolding front and center in an appropriate--but easy to read--font.
8. This flyer is a stunning work of art, keeping a well-balanced mix of colors and images in mind.
9. With an uncomplicated sunflower landscape, the band’s name gets pollinated with a closeup of the light-loving flowers as a font fill-in.
10. Old school cool sets the tone for this flyer. The break from the usual vertical layout lets this cassette concept really play out, and the washed-out colors and fonts to match the vintage feel.
11. Despite a mix of black and scarlet, this well-balanced flyer has a great mix of graphics that pay tribute to the venue and the artist and add liveliness to someone whose name contains the word “dead.”
12. Taking a note from the Tim Burton style book, this poster has an odd yet playful creepiness to it. But, I guess that’s what we’ve come to expect from Beck.
It's All About Balance
As is so often the case, the thing that makes these band flyers really great is their use of interesting and captivating graphics while keeping an eye on composition and maintaining balance, both in the kinds of design elements and colors. Take a look at great musicians’ band flyers—such as Joan Jett, Nirvana, and Queen—to get some inspiration for your own creation.