Ever passed by a particularly funny flyer? Maybe you weren’t looking to buy a mustache or live in a steamboat, but you couldn’t help stop dead in your tracks to read the details of these strange things.
This week we’re looking at flyers that do just that – the weird advertisements, lost signs and PSAs that make life just a little more interesting. If you want a weirdness overload, imagine some of these flyers being posted in these places!
1. I’m personally surprised no one just ripped off the entire flyer!
2. Renting is for chumps. Steamboats are the way to go.
3. If you’re in need of some facial hair, this flyer has your answer.
4. I guess someone wasn't satisfied with the ending of 'Lost'.
5. We’re a little late to be a ninja, but this weird flyer is still amazing.
6. I’d prefer to leave this a mystery.
7. Did it? Congratulations. You just went to an art show at your desk.
8. When I first read this flyer, I imagined someone walking a dog, not a walk FOR a dog. Do these exist?!
9. Here’s an oldie but a goodie. Don’t you wish it were this easy to cure a hangover?
10. That tagline is really strange and off-putting.
11. Where could she be?
12. It’s not funny the bike got stolen, but the flyer itself is.
Flyers aren't always fly
With most of these pieces, there wasn’t a lot of thought put into design or promotion, which is a shame! Just think how a great design would elevate these flyers from joke to totally (and oddly) serious.
So even if you’re wanting to make a weird flyer like these, remember to put your best aesthetic foot forward. People will focus on what you’re saying and not how you said it.