Stickers are so versatile. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors and can be stuck in many different places.
It’s probably why you see stickers everywhere – on that car bumper in front of you in traffic, on the banana you’re about to eat and even on the pants you’re about to buy.
Sure some of these stickers can be interesting, but their placement is also very predictable. Today we’re looking outside of the box and celebrating that with 13 of the most cleverly placed stickers ever!
1. This giant and realistic-looking sticker was placed to remind pedestrians to look both ways when they cross. Would it get your attention?
2. How clever is this? Folgers takes advantage of steamy manhole covers by placing a sticker over top of it. Doesn’t it look like a giant cup of joe?
3. Gold's Gym played with sliding doors of an elevator to promote how strong you’ll get at their facilities. The small reveal by the hands is what really sells the illusion that this person is opening up an elevator with his bare hands.
4. This giant sticker was placed on the ceiling in a tunnel in Chicago. The realistic photo gives you the feeling these potatoes are growing from above!
5. Beer, anyone? These door handles double as the perfect stems for steins. It was part of the Tyskie advertising campaign.
6. Talk about large! This sticker covers the floor. From above, people look like fleas. Very clever!
7. Those dull, tan subway floors make it the ideal place to put a faux beach. It makes you long to really put your feet in the water.
8. This a subtle sticker that hangs off your exhaust pipe as a reminder to maintain your car. The cartoonish tongue is silly but definitely 'sticks' with you.
9. As you put your tray table down, there’s a sticker that mimics your legs and reminds you that you need to hit the slopes soon. Very cool!
10. Combining pasta and rope, the face on the side of a boat looks like he’s slurping up a long strand of spaghetti! Here the angle of the photograph is crucial to its believably.
11. This advertisement for job listings was placed on things like this gas pump. The life-sized sticker crams a worker into a cramped space as if he is working to administer the gas himself.
12. This skylight cleverly doubles as the rabbit hole for 'Alice in Wonderland.' The beautiful, bold graphic is a surprise for anyone that happens to look up.
13. Sure a lot these stickers are of advertisements, but sometimes they are used in amusing graffiti like we see here. Wings and pants have been gifted to the previously naked stickman!
Stick to cleverness
Part of the reason these placements are clever is because they’re believable. The designer thought about scale and the image itself, as well as the surface it was going to adhere to.
So now that you’ve seen how some others have cleverly placed stickers, where are you going to place yours?