Halloween is here, and if this frightens you not because of the ghouls and ghosts that await, but because you’ve procrastinated putting together your outfit, I’m here to put those fears to rest. Creating a unique costume doesn’t have to be an elaborate, time-consuming event. In fact, it can be as simple as slipping on a T-shirt.
Check out these 14 shirts that double as costumes.
1. This screen print gets the job done--complete with fake high-waisted pants, a bow tie, name tag, and (of course) the nerd essential: a pocket protector.
2. Using one simple tee with a well-designed screen print, this shirt accurately portrays the reporter-by-day, superhero-when-needed message.
3. Simple black pants and eye masks (if you feel like putting in the extra effort) are all you need for complete costume completion.
4. Whether you’re headed out for your Halloween shenanigans as a duo or party of one, this Suess-inspired tee takes the work out of finding a costume.
5. The gory graphics unveil a costume portraying your new membership into the walking undead.
6. The screen print covers a small area but conveys a clear character in a small (yet effective) manner.
7. No need for a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly to pull off this (sweat)shirt costume option.
9. The classic prison stripes get punched up with humorous “Play Pen” script, and the extra addition of a tattoo sleeve undershirt gives this little inmate a little extra street cred.
10. This bar code tee is a simple option if you’re really looking to go with minimal effort this Hallows’ Eve.
11. The Twister-inspired top reminds us all of the game we got twisted up in, and the game piece necklace adds another kick of playfulness.
12. At first it appears you’re not partaking in the Halloween festivity, but flip the tee up and your zombie face is exposed.
13. The humor of these tees allows those who don them to show what they could be wearing.
14. The sans-serif label adds to the simple nature of the shirt.
The perfect costume is one T-shirt away.
If finding all the elements for the perfect Halloween costume seems daunting, slip on a comfy T-shirt and have your last-minute costume in an instant. Whether you go superhero or as a member of the undead, keep in mind that “You snooze, you lose” does not have to apply to your Halloween!