When you go to the grocery store, they always ask paper or plastic, but what about business cards? Do you choose paper or plastic?
When it comes to your next business card design, you might find plastic to be a versatile medium, one filled with tons of creative ways to market your name and skills while making a lasting impression.
Below is a collection of cool business cards that showcase how innovative and creative you can be with plastic.
1. One of the greatest advantages a plastic business card has over a paper one is the possibility of transparency. As this example shows, an intriguing design disappearing into a plastic medium definitely grabs people's attention.
2. The silver helps the message on this card pop, and the vibrant color choice creates visual appeal.
3. This card flips the script on the use of transparency, using color as the backdrop and lending a clear focus to the text on the card.
4. Stack the (tape) deck in your favor and rewind the memories of your contacts with this cassette-themed card.
5. Anyone who's had to suffer through the awkwardness of wearing an adhesive, handwritten name tag at a business event might appreciate this tribute. Sure it's basic, but that's the exact reason why it works.
6. Plastic's versatility means you can make your card look like just about anything. This approach is both simple and classy, with the text branded into the brass-looking backdrop.
7. A business card with your photo emblazoned on it is a surefire way to let your connections put a face to the name, but how can you put your face on a business card without seeming hokey? This pixelated approach puts a face to the name while maintaining its professional feel.
8. These cards are inspiring because of what they don't have. This cut-out approach takes a step away from the ordinary.
9. While the fate was not so great for the goldfish emblazoned on this plastic card, the overall graphic concept of this business card is very eye catching.
10. The fence facade is unexpected and noteworthy, and the two text placements complement the simplicity of the graphic.
11. Notebook paper on plastic - who knew this elementary concept could have such a wide rule? This setup is great for professionals who want to share a lot of information on their cards and want the room to do it.
12. By day, this card stands out with funky digital analog text. By night, it really glows. This card is a party trick and a one-two punch that shows you know how to work with your talents and produce the unexpected.
13. For those of you who like the softness of cardstock and worry you'll lose the effect if you switch to plastic, look no further than this softened-up blue plastic design.
14. If you're working with plastic in a thin, rectangular shape, why not have fun with what the concept conjures up in the minds of most? With a sleek design, complete with your phone number as the credit card number, this design really fits the bill.
Make your plastic drastic!
Whether embossed with flair or uncluttered and clear, plastic business cards are a sturdy way to pass on your credentials, open the door to new opportunities and leave a lasting, creative impression on whoever you network with.