As March Madness approaches, college basketball fans are getting ready to root for their favorite team. In regards to preparing for the game, fans will go to any length to create the biggest and most hilarious big heads to distract the opponent.
Here are 15 of our most favorite (and absolutely obnoxious) big heads that have gone down in March Madness history.
1. This hilarious guy is Jackson Blankenship, and he’s known as the “Alabama Face Guy.” He enlarged his menacing face to distract the opposing team from making free throws.
2. What a random, colorful assortment of characters! From Sesame Street to Chuck Norris, beloved pop culture icons make an appearance in this crowd. The random big head choices make this even more hilarious.
3. Duke basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski, dons his signature expression as a mocking big head right behind reiterates the same furious expression.
4. Looks like Snooki’s celebrity status goes beyond Jersey Shore. Although, I’m not sure if she's ever been to a college basketball game or knows what that is…
5. Even Ron Burgundy took a break from the newsroom. Situated between Glenn Quagmire and Seth Rogen, this random crowd of characters is probably very distracting to the players on the court.
6. This crowd includes several big heads as well as some life-sized cutouts like Fabio, Erin Andrews and Will Smith.
7. This photo includes an impressive amount of cardboard heads. In fact, there’s so many that it’s hard to see the fans behind them!
8. According to a 2013 USA Today article, Charles Barkley’s big head makes wins happen. At the time the article was written, Marquette’s Golden Eagles were 33-5 when Charles Barkley's head was used.
9. Surrounded by a crowd of hilarious big heads, one terrifying face ominously pops out … Voldemort! With that brooding facial expression, I'm sure the shooter's concentration is thrown off a little.
10. Richard Simmons, Kate Middleton and the guy from Gangam Style are all hanging out in this crowd. I wonder if the shooter ever made it after seeing those big heads.
11. College basketball big heads aren’t limited to celebrities. You can get your own “head” made, too — but it might cost you upward of $150!
12. Jeff Kramer, a writer in Syracuse, certainly has a sense of humor. He had an unflattering photo of himself blown up to 4 ½ by 3 ½ feet tall (which cost him $290) and paraded it in a sea of orange.
13. See the infamous McKayla “not impressed” face? Rebel Wilson backs it up with a nonchalant face on the right side of her.
14. Typically big heads are just blown up versions of celebs' faces. Here, though, they’ve drawn a curly mustache and colored in buck teeth on Duke’s coach, Mike Krzyzewski.
15. These aren’t your typical big heads — they’re folded into 3D! Using a combination of low-poly folding, giant sculptures somehow fit on these fans’ much smaller heads.
Big heads for March Madness!
From Charles Barkley to Voldemort, there is an array of funny celebs and characters that you can blow up and bring to the game. So get creative, and make your own personalized big head for March Madness this year!
For other tips on how to make your own poster, check them out here.
Photos courtesy of laughingsquid.com, indianauniversity.edu, twitter.com, searchingforbillyedelin.com, gobearcats.com, sportsillustrated.com, USAToday.com, rsvlts.com, imgarcade.com, syracuse.com and lubbockonline.com.