Window decals can add a little something extra to a mediocre piece of glass. These vinyl adornments help adorn shops, apartments and just about anything else.
Of course, there are many different ways to do this, so let’s look at some creative options.
You may want to go text-heavy with your window decals and fill up a glass window with words. Or you could create an optical illusion and turn the pane into something fantastical.
Either way, a lot of decals have the advantage of being on a large canvas, which gives you the opportunity to design something that’s both fun and functional — the best of both worlds!
1. This bird means business. The details are incredible and will definitely catch your eye when you’re walking by.
2. A colorful decal can create a fantasy. Doesn’t this remind you of a gingerbread house? Definitely something out of a fairy tale!
3. If you’re a designer with a storefront, you can easily give people a sense of your work by arranging all of the logos you’ve created — or the brands you carry!
4. These are great icons translated into vinyl decals. The bold, simple shapes really catch your eye.
5. I love the beautiful artistry of this decal and how it takes over the entire store!
6. Gorgeous handwritten text gives you the impression that the items in this store are hand-selected and one of a kind.
7. This window decal acts as a privacy buffer for an office space and reminds you to work (see it in the design?).
8. A bunch of tiny icons create three large letters that tell you exact where you are.
9. This is a great repeating pattern that gives you a glimpse into the store but not too much. It also entices you to take a look!
10. A decal doesn’t have to take over an entire window. This smaller drawing is exquisite with its gold coloring and intricate details.
11. This illustrative scene complements the window display. That’s also something to consider — how can your decal interact with 3D objects?
12. Here’s a powerful optical illusion that makes it appear like the iPod was so sought after that someone broke the glass for it!
13. This decal was used to mostly conceal and highlight a single piece of clothing. We can’t ignore the fun cat shape either.
14. I really enjoy this simple but clever design. The vinyl was placed the wrong side up, but that’s so the cast shadow displays correctly.
15. Here’s a funny 3D optical illusion for Harry Potter fans. At a quick glance, doesn’t it actually look like the window is cracked?