I think we’ve collectively earned spring. Don’t you? The polar vortex showed some of us some nasty weather and cold temperatures, and it’ll be nice to leave the house without a parka on.
Spring is a time for plants to bloom, birds to fly home and holidays like Easter and Passover. These photographs capture the essence of the season, especially in their vibrant colors and the natural beauty they showcase.
What does spring mean to you? For me, it means going back to the farmers market, a favorite activity of mine!
1. Cherry blossoms are something people look forward to every year. And why not? They are lovely to look at and smell great.
2. The vibrant colors in this photograph are incredible, and the way the pink pairs with the muted yellow complements each other nicely.
3. This field makes for an interesting design element in the composition.
4. Each spring brings new bugs and insects. While many are a nuisance, this particular worm is beautiful and the photographer captured its exquisite details.
5. Who doesn’t love a newborn lamb? This straightforward portrait is endearing because the little guy isn’t much taller than the grass!
6. This pastoral photograph makes you want to run through the field of flowers.
7. The rising steam from this pond makes the entire image appear very ethereal.
8. The purple of the flowers and deep blue of the sky make this photograph mostly jewel tones, and the whole image is very rich in color.
9. Like I mentioned before - I love farmers markets! Not only are they a great way to support the local economy, but just look at all of the interesting veggies for sale. I like that the vegetables are paired with a polka-dot table cloth.
10. Another farmers market view - the umbrellas provide a nice way for your eye to leap around the composition.
11. A nice action shot of baby lambs in action. Looks like some of them are excited to explore!
12. This captures a distant memory of spring with its faded colors and retro-looking attire.
13. The incredible view beyond the trees looks less like wild flowers and more like an abstract painting.
14. Who can forget the Easter bunny? Here’s a hilarious shot of a chocolate one that has seemed to have met his match. Great timing on the photographer's part!
15. Finally, would this list be complete without an adorable kitten in an Easter egg? I think not. He is really owning that casual pose.
Are you ready for spring?
Flickr and 500px are great photography sites to look at. They are social sites, so searching for something will bring you different variations on a theme from all over the world. They are not only great resources, but they are also really interesting sites.