Tired of seeing the same old snapshot of an engaged couple online and in newspapers? So are we!
Follow us as we take you on a journey through 15 cool photos that are far from ordinary. The examples below are as fun, funky, original and quirky as the couples about to be wed.
If you’re looking for some inspiration to kick off your wedding with fun and flair, check out these ideas that will help you get everything off to a great start.
1. This 'picture inside a picture' engagement photo captures a nostalgic yet modern take.
2. Engagement photos that let the personality of the couple shine through are very personal and fun.
3. Who says you have to announce your engagement on land?
4. Everything about this photo, from the placement of the couple to the simplicity of the colors, makes this couple seem as if they’re the only ones in the world.
5. There's something iconic about a big red balloon. It's been a statement in movies, songs and now engagement photos. In the case of this image, it doesn't overtake the couple. Rather, it gives the photo a complimentary burst of color and an airiness that raises them up.
6. Another great use of color with the added component of movement, this photo shows a woman swept off her feet (literally) by her fiance.
7. Although there’s a lot going on in the background, the elements all add fun without fuss.
8. This engagement photo setup is so fun and out of the box. You don't need a calculator to see these two lovebirds really know how to add up the right elements for a great engagement pic.
9. This sugary sweet engagement picture isn't afraid to use color and ice cream cones for a photo confection that lets the fun-loving nature of the couple come through.
10. For this couple, the Mr. and Mrs. Smith-themed engagement photo is a functional and unexpected way to announce nuptials.
11. I've shown a slew of engagement photo ideas with lots of quirks, so I thought it would be a good idea to show a stripped down, minimalistic black and white photo can hold its own.
12. The photo spread, complete with two suitcases, shows these two lovebirds are ready to start their journey together.
13. This picture pops thanks to a fun-loving couple willing to take a different spin on the traditional engagement photo.
14. A great illustrative engagement shot. The vibrancy of colors mixed with the quirky setting choice makes this engagement photo fun and compelling.
15. Thanks to wonders of modern-day photography software, this couple was able to show their journey toward one that ultimately leads us to a happy ending.
These photos really vow the crowd.
These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg. There are endless options, and hopefully after looking at these 15 images, you’ve got some smashing ideas of your own. My suggestion is have fun with your photos!