Think you’ve got to add a decadent design, elaborate text and multifaceted offerings to your business cards? Well, I’ve got a different concept: Less is more.
My proof? Fifteen great examples of minimalist business cards that use a no-fuss mix of design elements.
1. This first example takes the concept of minimalism to its core.
2. Vanna White might see a pay cut with this design, but I'll still like it.
3. Just because you’re trying to work with fewer design elements doesn’t mean you can’t use catchy color to stand out.
4. Use a graphic to grab attention in a minimalist way.
5. The accent of perky red plus the die cut works well.
6. This low-key concept relies on a smart color scheme.
7. Bold use of graphics.
8. This card lets the graphics do the talking.
9. A big bold “X” marks the spot and draws the eye.
10. A vowel-less approach gives the design a fun feel.
11. I say it fits the minimalist bill.
12. You can use variance to your advantage and still have a low-key look.
13. Does your job lead you all over the world? Here’s a minimalist concept for you.
14. A smart design that plays with shape.
15. Play with font size to avoid boredom.
Now is the time to cut corners.
Remember, when it comes to creating a great minimalist card, your options are far from limited. You can cut the corners, add a pop of color or stay subdued with black. Just pick your favorite element–or two–and keep in mind that less will do.