A lot of people think the most sophisticated camera takes the most professional photos, but this is far from the truth. Yes, a great camera makes taking photos easier in many ways, but a good photographer could take good pictures with any camera.
Even professional photographers can make some glaring mistakes now and then. With that said, here are 15 obviously amateur photos and the mistakes you should avoid in the future.
1. Clutter in the background, subject squinting, very unappealing framing.
2. Cutting off people at the joints is one of the surest ways to make the photo look awkward.
3. The photographer might be too low.
4. Radioactive grass and fluorescent horses will blind most viewers.
5. Are the subjects close enough? I don’t think so.
6. Maybe this was a lovely setting for a photo, but it’s too dark to tell!
7. What is the subject here? The empty street, the buildings, the poster, the man, the traffic? All of them? Nothing at all?
8. Nice jump! But where are Daddy’s arms?
9. Not all flower photos make interesting flower photos.
10. What about random items getting in the frame to distract the viewer?
11. A busy background and the weird color managed to ruin the mood of the shot.
12. Who’s singing? It’s hard to figure out with all those microphones getting in the way.
13. Interesting pole.
14. Too much HDR does not look pretty or cool, especially on animals. That is, unless you’re turning them into mutants.
15. Even a camel can’t make things better in this situation.
Random poles, heavy flash and long distances, oh my!
Practice makes perfect, ain’t that the truth? Developing eye and skill takes patience in photography, like in everything else.