Most people don’t think of postcards as art, but those people are mistaken. Postcards are, in fact, a little piece of graphic design genius.
These compact printed rectangles have the ability to convey a powerful, funny or thought-provoking message in a very small space.
Some double as invitations, while others can be transformed into wholly different craft projects. They can be worldly, adventurous or simply iconic. If you are feeling adventurous enough to design a creative postcard, make sure to print it from one of the top postcard printing services for maximum quality and value.
The postcards below provide 15 examples of style and personality. Plus, no matter what you’re trying to convey, there is an option for you.
1. Photography postcards get a self-promotion twist. Rip, tear and send.
2. Illustrated postcards recall childhood fun, from playing dress up to eating way too much ice cream.
3. Made from 100 percent recycled brown kraft paper, this postcard multitasks as a wedding invitation. The typographic treatment is pretty stunning, too.
4. Feeling philosophical? From existentialism to absolutism, these postcards use simple shapes to explain complex concepts.
5. What would the world look like if it were actually a village of 100 people? These postcards showcase insights about skin color, Internet access and more. Send out a few of these, and your friends may just describe you as worldly.
6. Get crafty with a postcard that doubles as a paper airplane. Receiving mail doesn’t get any more exciting than this.
7. The Brits get the postcard treatment. See if you can guess all the iconic characters by their accessories.
8. Grammatical, colorful and striking, these postcards are the definition of cool.
9. Can’t afford a plane ticket to India? Get the best of Karnataka with these culture-conscious cards that inspire your inner adventurer.
10. From Russia with love, this wacky postcard set tells the story of Anfisa and her animal companions.
11. These chicks rock! Pin-up style illustrations feature gals and their guitars.
12. Meat lovers, rejoice! These letterpress postcards explain where your favorite cuts come from.
13. Are you mad for 'Mad Men'? Check out your favorite scenes frozen in time in this set of glossies.
14. Literally stitch your faraway friends a line with these yarn-inspired cards.
15. Capture the beauty of Vancouver in type. There’s 150 ways to say it, so why not use them all?
Which personality suits your postcard?
Whether you want to invite a family member to your wedding or snag a design gig via a practical promotional piece, postcards offer an array of clever options.
Consider your recipient when picking your postage, and remember the front can (and does) speak as loudly as your personalized message on the back.