You know what’s an effective and affordable way to market something? Postcards!
But before you give your design to a printing service, consider your target audience, the message you want to say and your plan of action.
Here are 15 things you should consider when making your business postcard.
1. Address the postcard with a first name to keep it more personal.
2. Include a time-sensitive special discount.
3. Capture attention with a bold headline.
4. Get some high-quality photography of your products.
5. Think of what you want to say and keep your message short and to the point.
6. Make sure the reader can easily find your website, phone number, address and map.
7. Avoid the passive voice. Tell the recipient what you expect them to do now.
8. Tailor the colors, font and graphics to your message.
9. Don’t forget to include your company logo.
10. Create a landing page to measure traffic that comes in directly from your postcard.
11. Ask your customers to pass your info along to a friend.
12. Don’t overcrowd your postcard with too much info.
13. Organize your key points into a bullet format.
14. Bright colors can be another way to keep your postcard from being overlooked.
15. Use a stamp instead of printed postage. Printed postage reminds consumers of junk mail.
Start with a complete marketing plan.
There are several ways to market your business, so a postcard should be just one step in your entire marketing strategy. These tips are definitely a good place to start when creating your next postcard.