Do you know what’s popular in the photography world? Websites that feature good photography front and center!
If you are a photographer and you don’t know how to arrange your portfolio website, here are some cool ideas you can use as inspiration for your own site.
We tried to show you different types of photo galleries that will work well for years to come. Hopefully this collection will help you become a more successful photographer with an awesome portfolio.
1. This fairy-style gallery perfectly displays surreal photo manipulations. The Flash-based photo gallery brings a magical touch to the entire website.
2. This simple photo portfolio is an easy way to showcase professional photos. A dynamic slideshow brings more expression to the people.
3. This is a fantastic example of a grid-style photo gallery. Preview images allow users to quickly select the geographic area to enjoy.
4. This website has several subgalleries and a lot of cool text sections.
5. This portfolio website showcases preview images of every subgallery right on the homepage. Each gallery has a detailed description with explanations and testimonials.
6. This photography website showcases the most eye-catching photos within the homepage slider. Site visitors can find more works by browsing the horizontally oriented menu. This website presents the very information potential clients may be interested in.
7. This stylish reflection gallery is quite romantic. It's also very unusual and demands attention.
8. Here's another grid photo gallery that presents an adorable mix of portrait photos, magazine covers, videos, etc.
9. This is a stylish black and white portfolio with a strip of portrait photos. Users can scroll through by clicking the left mouse button.
10. A vertically oriented strip of preview photos makes this portfolio look super great. A dark textured background gives the whole design the feeling of uniqueness.
11. This is also a quite popular type of photographers' portfolios. The most impressive photo is placed on the homepage as the main decoration, while other pictures are presented as a horizontal strip of thumbnails.
12. This artist shows all his talents within this portfolio. All the well-done photos are placed into categories that are rather easy to navigate through.
13. This is one of the most popular photography websites – portfolio with a background gallery.
14. This interactive Flash-based website is recognized by the Favourite Website Awards – the most famous Internet award program. The fantastic zoom effect allows users to take a close look at every element of each picture.
15. This unusual photo gallery website applies a 3D effect to showcase every photo. Each image rotates 360 degrees and fades when you hover the mouse over it.
The photos have it!
There are so many ways to create a photography website. Take a look at different portfolios that are already successful and use them as an example. Here we tried to showcase beautiful portfolios and we hope it will help you be more successful.