“Game of Thrones,” one of the most popular shows on HBO, has created a dedicated fan base that religiously follows the show’s plot and lovable characters.
Originally a series of best-selling books by George R.R. Martin, fans gather to see what will happen next on each suspenseful and dramatic episode. It’s a must-see TV show that you’ll immediately be addicted to.
Here are 16 cool “Game of Thrones” posters that represent the beloved TV show and memorable characters extremely well. Get ready … an awesome list is coming.
1. This is a beautiful digital portrait of Daenerys Targaryen. The 'Game of Thrones' lettering, which is a bloody red, adds a nice spark that lights up the shaded side of her face.
2. Thomas Gateley designed this minimalist poster featuring House Stark. This house's sigil is a dire wolf, which is prominently displayed on the poster.
3. If you love both 'Game of Thrones' and architecture posters, then this is the best of both worlds for you. Winterfell (and the Starks) are commemorated in this retro-style, minimal poster.
4. Titled 'The Boy Who Cried Direwolf', artist Andy Hau cleverly forms the wolf out of tree branches.
5. If Tyrion Lannister is your favorite character, then you’ll enjoy this poster filled with quotes by him. Here the typography in his silhouette is stacked and changes in scale. It makes for a visually interesting interpretation of Tyrion.
6. Target practice? This special poster is one you could take to the shooting range and show off your 'Game of Thrones' fandom.
7. This dark, dramatic poster uses a wolf in place of the beloved Ned Stark. I like how a fan can easily understand the reference, yet this beautiful metaphor stretches beyond that.
8. Another powerful, symbolic poster. Russian graphic designer Sasha Vinogradova created this to coincide with the third and fourth seasons of the show.
9. I love the deep, vibrant colors of this poster's fire. Robert Ball created this image and pairs it with a relevant quote underneath. Its part of his larger series called 'Beautiful Death'.
10. There are a myriad of styles to design your own 'Game of Thrones' poster. This one by artist Elin Jonsson depicts Sansa Stark as an Art Nouveau goddess, which recalls the famous Alphonse Mucha’s work.
11. We might think of posters as advertisements, but that’s not always the case. Here artist Richey Beckett created a gorgeous drawing with a ton of beautiful details.
12. The “Red Wedding” is an infamous event that had readers and TV viewers upset and mournful. Here’s a poster of a fake invitation for the red wedding and a reminder of what happened during that episode.
13. I love the texture that’s used in the background of this poster. It’s a great detail, especially when paired with simple shapes.
14. “Winter is Coming” is one of the most iconic taglines of the show. Here it is paired with a minimalist wolf created entirely out of geometric shapes. This style is very en vogue as well as a dynamic part of the composition.
15. This clever cultural mash-up by Olivia Desianti pairs the fierce Arya Stark with the classic World War 2 poster featuring Rosie the Riveter. Arya updates Rosie’s pose with her sword and a frightening phrase.
16. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor Hodor. 'Nuff said.
The end is coming
After viewing these awesome posters, you probably are now inspired to binge-watch them before the premiere on Sunday. So get creative and make your own personalized poster — “Game of Thrones” or otherwise!
Photos courtesy of ego-alterego.com, flickr.com, etsy.com, bottleneckgallery.com, redbubble.com, facebook.com, designer-daily.com, robertmball.com, buzzfeed.com, arrestedmotion.com, chriskessler.com, deviantart.com and i09.com.