Coming up with a different holiday postcard every year can be a challenge, especially if you want to stick to the traditional imagery that is so dear and familiar to most of us. After a while, it feels like all reindeers and fir trees look the same. Reinventing the tradition to make it look new and interesting takes a great deal of creativity.
Take a look at a few examples to get some out-of-the-box inspiration.
1. A nice handmade feel.
2. Neon and mechanical.
3. A washed-out look complements the vintage design.
4. Simple repetition of shapes.
5. Nostalgic design seems about right this time of year.
6. A good promotional card.
7. Kitschy but funny.
8. Whoa--a 3D greeting.
9. Nice clean design.
10. A cute woodland theme.
11. Lots of Christmas imagery wrapped up in one.
12. Another cat example. Meow.
13. Use of one contrasting color against the monochrome gray.
14. A nice watercolor finish softens this example.
15. Monochrome color scheme and cute phrasing.
16. Purrfect for your holiday greetings. OK, we're done with the cats now.
Let the festivities begin!
After browsing through all these reindeers, ribbons, and decorated trinkets, don’t you feel more festive already? I hope so. And I hope you have been appreciating all these colorful holiday cards. Who knows, maybe they will be of some inspiration to make your own.