Ah, summer: barbeques, beaches and, of course, the 4th of July come to mind. This beloved summer holiday is filled with hotdogs, beer and fireworks, as well as gathering with friends. In addition to all the usual festivities, there’s also the ‘Murica attire to go along with it.
Luckily there’s no shortage of patriotic shirts and tank tops that just scream ‘Murica.
Whether you’ll don an American flag, red Solo cup or Ben Franklin on your shirt this year, these T-shirts celebrate America’s freedom. By capturing the patriotic spirit, here are 21 T-shirts that represent what makes our country oh-so special.
1. A bald eagle and an American flag? Nothing gets more 'Murica than this.
2. Americans love hashtags, so #Merica is so fitting for the 4th of July.
3. This shirt pretty much sums up the Fourth of July perfectly.
4. Here’s a tank top perfect for history buffs. The cartoonish portrait of Ben Franklin and the silly rhyme make this the perfect gift for patriotic nerds.
5. The American muscle car is a cultural icon. Here it’s combined with the mantra, “life, liberty and the pursuit of hot rods.”
6. Beer is staple of the American summer, and this shirt says it loud and clear.
7. If you're going for the classy 'Murica look, then this shirt is perfect for you.
8. If you’re from Texas, then this shirt is perfect for you. It shows both your Texan and American pride.
9. This T-shirt pretty much sums up your night on the Fourth of July.
10. Coca-Cola is an American icon, so combining the stars and stripes with its logo feels right.
11. Ever heard the saying “American as apple pie?” This shirt pays homage to the traditional patriotic food.
12. Like cool Ben Franklin, here’s another hilarious shirt. This time our first president is sporting a set of serious guns.
13. Here’s another punny shirt, which combines the national bird with America's favorite beverage.
14. With this tank top, you don’t even have to say your pickup line. Just wear the shirt, and people will come to you.
15. Here’s a shirt perfect for those that love to catch a wave. Hang loose — 'Murica style.
16. What’s more patriotic than Abraham Lincoln shredding on a guitar? Not much.
17. People love cats, and this over-the-top shirt is a hilarious culmination of what ‘Murica loves.
18. You were meant to exercise the 2nd Amendment, so why not in this tank top?
19. Bouncing off “Party like it’s 1999,” this clever tank top instead references the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
20. A plastic cup takes the place of stars in this party-centric T-shirt.
21. While not completely the reason for the season, this shirt doesn’t lie though — the Fourth of July is the day for blowing fireworks up!
After seeing all these ‘Murica shirts, hopefully you’re in the patriotic spirit just in time for the fourth of July. So go out and grab one of these shirts, or even make your own! Get ready to go all ‘Murica and impress your friends and family.
Photos courtesy of etsy.com, lookhuman.com, teespring.com, hellofashionblog.com, theoldtry.com, elisejoseph.com, mericamade.com, instagram.com, customizedgirl.com and superseasonal.com.