Another year, another birthday. How are you going to celebrate? Do you have a theme, or do you just want to have a simple gathering with all of your friends?
Whatever you fancy, a flyer is a versatile way to tell people about your upcoming shindig. It’s easy to distribute and gives guests just the information they need – where to wish you a happy birthday!
1. This bold invitation uses visual hierarchy well. It instantly tells you about the most important aspect of this party - that it’s a surprise.
2. I like how this design uses a combination of vintage-looking illustrations with bold, interesting typefaces.
3. If you’re comfortable telling people how old you are, announce it loud and proud just like on this flier!
4. Despite its look, this humorous invitation isn’t for a kid - it’s of the birthday boy when he was younger! I think this is a fun idea for those adults who want to relive years past.
5. Use typography to create an illustration on your flyer. Here all of the words form a beer glass, which is exactly what’s going to happen on this birthday.
6. This cute invitation has a special touch - a bite out of it! The monster theme is great for children, and I love how it’s played up here.
7. Here’s another vintage-style invite, but this time it's with bowling. It uses shapes you’d see in mid-century modern advertising or signage.
8. Or maybe you have a very clear theme for your birthday. Any LEGO lovers out there?
9. Although I’m certain this wasn’t actually lettered on a chalkboard, with just a simple background and the right font choices, it gives the feeling it was drawn by hand.
Your wish for fun flyers has been answered!
The possibilities are endless in terms of flyer design. If you have a vision for your party, then you can use elements of its theme in your invitation. This could include a certain color, character or even a special typeface.
But maybe you don’t have anything in mind. That’s OK, too! There are plenty of “generic” designs out there to use, and many online flyer printers have ready-to-edit templates that will work perfectly.
Remember the most important information is how and where your guests can find you on the special day!