Sometimes word of mouth just doesn’t cut it when you’re trying to plan a summer bash. What better way to spread the good news and celebrate the return of hot weather than with some eye-catching pool party flyers?
Visually appealing, colorful and affordable, creating the perfect flyer can make the difference between drawing in a huge crowd or only chilling with your crew.
Pool parties bring music, sun rays and fun together, so why shouldn’t your flyer incorporate the same? Here are 13 summer-sizzlin’ pool party flyers that will give everyone a convenient excuse to strip down to their swimwear and celebrate summer:
1. You don't even have to read the text to know what this flyer is advertising. The blue tones throughout this piece give it a cool, nautical feel, and the life preserver indicates there will be water involved. Eye-catching and modern, this flyer is different in the best way.
2. The contrast of the block white text with the dark wood background make this flyer really standout. With a sleek aesthetic and interesting computer-generated graphic that almost looks real, you can tell this pool party would be high-class with a funky twist.
3. Don't underestimate the stereotypical under-the-water look, because this flyer (which appears like it's at the bottom of a pool) is far from ordinary. The unique font — coupled with the red accents —and the placement of the text all combine for an appealing visual.
4. This flyer screams reckless fun and party havoc. The huge waves and diver jumping off the board evoke a lighthearted atmosphere, while the tan colors and simple font give the flyer an old-fashioned, comfortable feel. Everything about this piece stands out and invites you in.
5. With clean lines and a large featured image of a girl floating along in the water, this flyer reflects the traveling, cosmopolitan and nomadic spirit that Purobeach has. Even though this flyer only implements a few colors, the simplicity and realism of its graphic design make it visually appealing.
6. This isn't just any party — it's a pool party celebrating the Super Bowl. By using play-on words and a sharp contrast in colors, this flyer truly pops. The designer created a template that's fun, cute and appealing to anyone's interests ranging from pool parties and day-drinking to America's favorite sport.
7. Many flyers use drawings or cartoon images on their flyers, but what if you used those combined with an actual photo? This flyer does just that. Instantly your eyes are drawn to the images of the DJ in the woman's binoculars, hinting that the party will be full of loud music and dancing. The bright red and yellow tones evoke happiness and excitement and add a little spice to the typical blue colors that pool flyers have.
8. Here's another flyer that uses an image as a sort of symbol with a two-sided meaning. The center of the two triangles is representative of the host company's logo, but it also resembles a triangle bikini top. The action created by the splashing waves coupled with the simple text and cool colors creates a balanced, engaging pool party flyer.
9. The ethereal coloring of this flyer and mysterious background immediately intrigue and make you want to know more about this pool party. Even the expression on the man's face is just as inviting as it is mysterious. Every aspect of this piece screams unexpected adventure, fun and originality.
10. Rather than giving the theme away, this flyer has subtle blue and purple tie dye that mirrors colors of water in a pool. The white text is very eye-catching, and the image of the sun is subtle yet unique, making this flyer very elegant and sophisticated. Did I mention how clever the play on words are?
11. With bright colors, flashy graphics and creative fonts, this flyer is definitely an attention grabber. The center image is ideal because it shows there is something for everyone to do, from playing volleyball to lounging under umbrellas, and the bright yellow lights bring the reader's eye directly to it. If the flyer looks fun, the party will be, too.
12. This flyer puts a whole new twist on traditional Hawaiian-themed events. With an interesting transparent look and bold, simple text, it's almost impossible to not read the entire flyer. You don't necessarily need a prominent center image to catch someone's eye — just a unique background with appealing colors and text.
13. We have another great example of combining cartoon drawings with real-life photographs here. The hand-drawn cartoon of Steve Aoki grabs your attention and brings you to the other unique bodies in the background with random objects that were also hand-drawn on the photo. This powerful picture — combined with the galactic accents — gives this pool party a modern feel.
Make a splash with your flyer!
When it comes to having a successful poolside bash, a huge contributing factor is drawing a large crowd through enticing flyers. Don’t be afraid to play around with funky colors, weird fonts and symbolic concepts to make your flyer even more attractive.
Life is all about first impressions, so make sure your technique and style make for a good one. Encompass what you want your party to be like and channel that into a visual design on your pool party flyer.
Photos courtesy of: nysylc.org, skyvector.biz, cameronsgonemissing.wordpress.com, purobeach.com, downtownphoenixjournal.com, djpicshd.com, imgkid.com, soultravelmultimedia.com, relentlessbeats.com, highhopesclothing.com, spyonvegas.com.